Here's a clip that was left out of this week's segment on Ahaz and the Great Assyrian Whitewash in 1 Kings 16. It's a diversion into Isaiah's response to the king's rejection of God's invitation to stand firm. (It's also a passage familiar to Christians for a whole other reason.) When Ahaz shies away from accepting God's offer through the prophet to prove his support for his people, God says, "OK fine Imma do it anyway."

I am absolutely determined to keep regular episodes of four cubits and a span to 30 minutes each (± 10%), which is really challenging for a hopeless, wordy witterer like me. I've got my recording time per show down to about 55 minutes and, while most of the excess is garbage, I sometimes have to chop a useful snippet that nevertheless interrupts the story.

I follow the Just A Minute rule for most of the stuff I cut: speak without hesitation, deviation, or repetition. But when I have to lose something that I really don't want to consign to digital oblivion with the other chunks of aural junk, I'll post it exclusively to the blog - just like this.

Join the discussion here on the blog, or over on Facebook, and join us next week on the podcast via iTunes, or on your usual podcatcher for Android or PC.