I had a lovely Sunday afternoon catching up with old friends in Wardley again, and this is the talk I gave at the eucharist service. I picked up on the threads of the Romans 12 segment from last week's podcast, cheerfully stealing Nat's comments as well as expanding on mine. The subject of renewal and transformation of mind/spirit as Christian is an easy one to talk about and say inspiring things about. But when it comes to really putting it into practice, well, that's where the real work is.

Read transcript

It went down well, and also served to set up my second live run-through of the talk on Christian Ethics and the Gospel of the Human Jesus that I gave at the Living Faith Study Day back in December. I added a couple of new bits, and restored some of the cuts I'd made to the LF day talk in order to get it in under 20 minutes. The video for the LF days studies is still in the pipeline, but I recorded the Wardley version too, just in case I ever get the time to turn it into a proper video (or, at least, publish it to this podcast feed).

Join the discussion on Facebook and listen via iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. If you're enjoying the show, you could even leave a review, and share the podcast on social media!

Links

episode #73: perspective, last week's episode co-hosted by Nat Ritmeyer, including the New Testament segment on which this talk was based.

Christian Ethics and the Gospel of the Human Jesus, the original version of the Living Faith Study Day talk that I expanded into a half-hour for the other talk I gave on Sunday at Wardley.

Tags

Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 14, 1 Corinthians 8, 1 Corinthians 10, 1 Corinthians 2