I got a bit carried away with Torah this week, and tried to cram in an overview of all the stuff I would have spent the last four months talking about if I hadn't been off the air. They're both about the arrangement of the written material in the first five books of the Hebrew Bible, and how an awareness of that can help us to read Torah more carefully and faithfully.


documentary hypothesis


law codes

I'm going to put some thought into doing the occasional short segment of Torah during the weekly shows, and if I figure out a way to do it usefully we'll be able to get into these issues in a little more detail. It will, of course, always come back to the narrative, and how we can best allow Torah to continue teaching us about God and the community of faith.

Join the discussion here on the blog, or over on Facebook, and join us next week on the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, or find us in your usual podcatcher courtesy of TuneIn.

Links